Monday, February 14, 2011

Labeled

So I have this problem with Christianity. I hate the labels I automatically get tagged with when I identify myself as a follower of Christ. Narrow-minded, bible thumper, self righteous, hypocrite, religious, ignorant...to name a few. TO be honest, it's one of the reasons I put off God for so long. I was in the presence of a few too many hypocritical bible thumpers to understand that being a Christian didn't have to come with all of that crap. Of those afore mentioned labels though, there is one I am proud to claim: Narrow-mindedness. John 14:6 Jesus Answered "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I am certain of my eternity. The peace that comes with that knowledge...it's overwhelming in the best possible way.

No comments: