Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting to the crux of the matter: ME

Me, me, me, me. It is ALL about me!! The sun, the moon, and the stars all revolve around my pretty little head.

So many of us ignore God for the "Me" in our lives. For myself, that means an endless pursuit to find validation by pleasing the people around me. An endless race to be "cool" I know I am not alone in this race. Millions of people all over the world are running too. Nearly everybody wants to be accepted by "popular" society or some facet of it. It's like High school never died. But I'm around these people who don't care about cool, and they are happy. Filled with joy. They are absolutely sure they are "cool" in the eyes of their creator and that is enough for them. Their lives are lived around one simple question: How can I glorify God today?

How can I glorify God with my life? Instead of trying to figure out the path for my life that most pleases me, I need to ask Him where He wants me. Where can He best use me? Where can I best serve? Maybe that's part of the reason I never settled on a major. I was asking the wrong question.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it brenna! you most definitely express yourself better in words, and I can see that it is paying off well, maybe slowly, but nonetheless well. yay! i'm now one of your followers! :)